Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer
Call (305) 851-5581 to Let Our Firm Fight for You
Getting arrested in Florida for the first time in your life is a scary, confusing, and frustrating experience. Not only does a conviction lead to jail or prison time, fines, and other harsh penalties, but it can also result in a permanent criminal record that can make getting a job, finding housing, applying for college, and living a normal life extremely difficult. However, hiring an experienced criminal defense lawyer can make a difference between conviction and freedom.
If you have been charged with a criminal offense in Miami, The Law Offices of Joel DeFabio is committed to providing our clients with strong and personalized legal solutions to get the best possible outcome in their cases. Our firm has the knowledge and skills to handle both state and federal crimes. We can thoroughly review your case, determine your available legal options, and help you either get your charges/penalties reduced or your entire case dismissed.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
The benefits of hiring our Miami criminal defense attorney include:
- More than 35 years of legal experience
- Handled more than 600 cases in Florida
- Selected for The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Maintains a 9.5 Superb Avvo Rating
- Named Most Effective Lawyer by Daily Business Review
Types of Crimes in Florida
There are main types of crimes in Florida: misdemeanors and felonies. The former is considered less serious compared to the latter.
Misdemeanors are punishable by jail time, fines, and other temporary punishments. On the other hand, felonies carry long prison sentences, higher fines, and/or the permanent loss of freedoms such as voting and gun rights.
The following are the types of state crimes our firm handles:
- Drug Crimes – An offense that involves the possession, distribution, trafficking, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances. Common types of drugs involved include cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, marijuana, and opioids.
- Theft Crimes – An offense that involves taking possession of another person’s property without their consent. Common types of theft crimes include shoplifting, automobile theft, and identity theft.
- Sex Crimes – An offense that involves unlawful or coerced sexual conduct against someone else. Common types of sex crimes include rape, sexual assault, child sexual abuse, and prostitution.
- Violent Crimes – An offense that involves the use of violent force or the threat of such force. Common types of violent crimes include assault, battery, manslaughter, and murder.
Let Us Get Started On Your Case Today
Attorney Joel DeFabio performs a variety of tasks during the course of a criminal case. After asking you a series of pointed questions about the case, he will conduct a thorough investigation of your case to figure out any potential avenues for getting your case dismissed.
Mr. DeFabio can gather supportive evidence and analyze evidence collected by law enforcement officials. He can also speak to witnesses and/or have an expert witness provide testimony that may benefit your case. Throughout the legal process, he can guide you through every step while protecting your rights and future.
Having a skilled attorney on your side throughout the legal process can make a difference between conviction and freedom. Do not hesitate to let our Miami criminal defense lawyer fight for you and get your life back on the right path.
Call to schedule a free, confidential consultation today.
Aggravated Identity Theft CHARGES DISMISSED
Assault of a Federal Officer CHARGES DISMISSED
Conspiracy NOT GUILTY
Conspiracy to Commit Bank Fraud CHARGES DISMISSED
Conspiracy to Commit Fraud NO JAIL
Conspiracy to Commit Terrorism NOT GUILTY
Conspiracy to Defraud the U.S. Government NO JAIL
Conspiracy to Defraud the U.S.; False Statements NO JAIL
Conspiracy to Distribute Cocaine NO JAIL
Conspiracy to Import Cocaine CHARGES DISMISSED
Nearly 40 Years of Experience
More Than 600 Federal Cases Defended
More Than 50 Federal Jury Trials Handled
One of Miami's Most Respected Defense Attorneys
Honest Appraisal of Your Case - "No Surprises"